Cowboy boots have arrived in full force for 2023 fashion trends after making a buzz on TikTok last summer. From Coachella 2023 to Taylor Swift’s Eras tour and Beyonce’s Renaissance tour, cowboy boots were everywhere. Originally made for riding, cowboy boots have come a long way and are now a wardrobe staple for every fashionista. They are one of the chic, comfortable, and bold style of boots to rock with almost every outfit.
Cowboy boots come in a wide range of styles, materials, colors, and patterns, so you can easily find a pair that fits your style. From casual outings to formal events, these boots can elevate any outfit to the next level. If you're a seasoned cowgirl or just looking to add some western flair to your wardrobe, cowboy boots make up as a versatile shoe every single time. Let’s explore different ways you can style cowboy boots for every occasion. But, before that, here is some history on these country-inspired boots!
Evolution of Cowboy Boots
Cowboy boots were originally made for riding horses or cattle ranching back in the 1800s. They were crafted with rugged material that enhanced their life. The original cowboy boots featured low heels and pointed toes. In the later years, they were customized with fancy embellishments, different materials, exquisite designs, and intricate stitching details. With evolved designs, cowboy boots slowly and gradually earned the love of elites outside of the ranch too and ultimately became a fashion symbol of the western culture. They are still a fashion statement for many fashionistas around the world.
How to Style Cowboy Boots for Every Occasion
Cowboy boots are a chic yet versatile footwear style that can be paired in various ways for different occasions. Below are some style ideas with cowboy boots for different occasions. These boots are from Bukela, a Danish shoe brand with subtle yet trendy designs crafted with attention to intricate details.
‘Marian’ Bukela Cowboy Boots for Casual Outings.
‘Marian’ cowboy boots are perfect for any casual outing. You can create multiple casual looks with these Bukela cowboy boots.
- Just grab a pair of jeans or leggings with a casual top, a graphic tee, or a plaid button-down shirt. You can also change the top with a sweater for winters. Complete the look with a denim or a leather jacket for an edgy vibe. Accessorize the look with a statement belt or a crossbody sling bag. Take cues from girls below.
Image: Pinterest @labellesociety.com
- Another casual outfit that looks chic with cowboy boots is with shorts and a tee. Just grab your favorite pair of denim shorts with a white tee. Add a coat for a more structured look. You can add a crossbody bag or a belt to complete the look. See the girl in the image below.
- Another casual look that you can create with Bukela cowboy boots is with a short dress. Any chic yet pretty short dress that ends above the knees would look great with cowboy boots. You can accessorize the look with fashion jewelry or a belt like the girl in the image below.
Image: Pinterest @elleeffect.com
‘Brooke’ Bukela Cowboy Boots for a Boho Look.
Celebrate freedom, creativity, and individuality with an effortless and chic boho look. Pair your calf-length cowboy boots with a flowy maxi dress or a floral-printed midi dress. You can also add a denim jacket or a vest to create layers and make the look more textured. Add some accessories like a fringe bag, a boho hair band on the forehead, a long necklace, stacked bracelets, or oversized earrings to elevate the look and make it more boho. Take inspiration from the girls below.
Image: Pinterest @ibizabohogirl.com
Image: Pinterest @livemaster.ru
‘Casey’ Bukela Cowboy Boots for Music Festival
Get in the spirit of music festival and create looks that are as chic and comfortable as it gets.
- Shorts with a chic blouse is one of the most worn outfits for any concert. It makes for a comfortable and trendy outfit that gives the free spirited vibes of a music festival. Complete the look with a fringe vest or a long coat and some stacked bangles. You can also add some colored hair streaks for a glam look. Lastly, throw in your favorite pair of Bukela cowboy boots made with sturdy leather and a chic design to enhance your style and keep you comfortable throughout.
- Another chic yet comfy style that keeps you looking cool and trendy in any music concert is a flowy midi dress or a flowy skirt with a matching upper. The hat looks just as fine. Add a sleek necklace and you are all set for a fun evening. Check out image below for some inspiration.
Image: Pinterest @spelldesigns.com
‘Kim’ Cocco Cowboy Boots for Workwear
Workwear can be fun with a chic pair of cowboy boots that keeps you as comfortable and trendy as ever. Go for a subtle tailored pant or a pencil skirt and pair it with a blouse or a button-down shirt. Throw a coat for a structured and well-managed look. Just a watch and a sleek necklace is good for accessorizing this professional look.
Image: Pinterest @JEMA StreetStyle
‘New Kole’ Cowboy Boots for Brunch
Brunch style should be easy and comfortable yet fashionable. Opt for a flowy maxi or a midi dress with a thigh-high cut to add an extra oomph. You can also go for a floral jumpsuit, playsuit, a co-ord set, or a short flowy dress. Do not forget to add some statement accessories like a hat, your favorite pair of sunglasses, and a chic handbag.
Image: Pinterest @Bella Devencorn